Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How can I change the kernel load/entry address?

Posted by markdoyle 
How can I change the kernel load/entry address?
October 30, 2014 01:45PM
This refers to an embedded Arm (NS9750) system with 16 M ram and kernel 2.6.3.33.

I'm building an embedded system that needs to use the ram from physical address 0x1000 to 0x42000 for a special application. The kernel defaults to loading at 0x8000 and puts the page tables at 0x4000. I haven't found a published method for changing the load/entry address, but I've had some success with the following changes to make the load/entry point 0x48000:
in arch\arm\Makefile change textofs-y to 0x48000
in arch\arm\kernel\vmlinux.lds change SECTIONS { . = 0xC0000000 + 0x0048000;
in arch\arm\mach-ns9xxx\Makefile.boot change zreladdr-y := 0x48000

This seems to partially work in that the kernel boots and runs Busybox, but I often get user program crashes and kernel Oops.

Any suggestions, references or comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: How can I change the kernel load/entry address?
November 14, 2017 05:22AM
Here are lots of tips for the help of window 10 help microsoft windows 10 I also got new and more exciting option here if you want to learn about it then you have to click on the given link and you will be connect directly
November 28, 2017 06:56AM
Students Assignment Help is the most trusted and used service Australia Assignment Help provider company which provides Online Assignment helper. They solution assignment problems which often occur when students come to write the assignment.
Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is

the best among many. bhootnath day panel chart
September 04, 2018 01:56PM
I think that here you will find an information you seek, mate.
Hey really such a amazing post dear http://nosoundwindows10.com/ really Thanks dear for this amazing post.
yes, we will do much ,like you! we will give you the ip pbx software,video intercom system and ip pbx system
Words are God - when conveyed meaningfully; .
click here '-[www.wordsaregod.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 1?