Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

inserting kernel module in Linux-3.14

Posted by Awadhesh 
inserting kernel module in Linux-3.14
March 13, 2015 05:02AM
Hi,

I am inserting kernel module insmod hello.ko, it gives insmod: can't insert 'hello.ko': kernel does not support requested operation. i am using same uImage on target.

Module compilation was successful. Before make I have set export ARCH=arm and export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-.,

export PATH=$PATH:/home/bsp/rskrza1_bsp-master/output/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2014.02_linux/bin/

makefile is

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obj-m := hello.o

KERNELDIR ?= /home/bsp/rskrza1_bsp-master/output/linux-3.14/
PWD := $(shell pwd)

all:
$(MAKE) -C $(KERNELDIR) M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
rm -rf *.o *~ core .depend .*.cmd *.ko *.mod.c .tmp_versions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know how can I solve it.

Thanks

Awadhesh
Re: inserting kernel module in Linux-3.14
March 13, 2015 12:09PM
What does
cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip | grep -w CONFIG_MODULES
report ?
March 13, 2015 11:49PM
Thanks for your reply.

response:
$ cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip | grep -w CONFIG_MODULES
# CONFIG_MODULES is not set

I have checked .config file it is CONFIG_MODULES=y
May 15, 2015 01:34AM
Module compilation was successful. Before make I have set export ARCH=arm and export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf.

[www.meizu-mx5.com]
November 21, 2017 06:36AM
Thank you so much for sharing this post. I like to suggest you to visit the homepage of this play duck life game and play for free and online. even you don’t need to download or register for the game. i also love to play and share this most entertaining game to the others.Thanks for the game.
Sudoku game
May 02, 2018 12:23AM
Play online sudoku game with full fun I am suggesting to play online sudoku free of cost on internet without install and download.
hey friends if you love to play roblox then try roblox hack its amazing ever
Get this best option to track dtdc tracking india dtdc courier on our website.
dude if you love to play barriers then try novingate hack its amazing ever
BSOD
July 31, 2018 03:12AM
BSOD stands for blue screen for death error,it displayed the blue text on the display screen. https://fixforwindows.com/bsod if you wants to fix your problem then you have to update your window.
bro if you love to play barriers then try drp30 hack its amazing ever
Great article. I hope you will continue to have so many high quality articles to share with us. I believe many people will be surprised to read this article. thank you!
happy wheels
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 17?