Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to handle VM_FAULT_SIGBUS from handle_mm_fault()?

Posted by Mark_P 
I'm trying to ready user pages from a kernel driver as a proof-of-concept project. The driver walks through the page table, resolving the PGD -> PTE for a given userspace pointer, and attempts to retrieve the page (via pte_page). At any point that the calls fail, a call into handle_mm_fault() is made to fault the missing page in. However, in some cases, the function returns VM_FAULT_SIGBUS.

AFAIK, that error code is a catch-all for all non-OOM errors. I'm having a hard time figuring out the reason for this error code. Does anyone know the best way to handle this error code?
Re: How to handle VM_FAULT_SIGBUS from handle_mm_fault()?
April 25, 2015 02:35AM
Thank you for sharing.It is uncertain how far along Impose is in speaks with Warner Bros.

Maplestory2 Mesos
I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
gmail login
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 24?