Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linux Kernel Programming Exercises?

Posted by GigaQuantum 
I'm a college student who is trying to get a lot better at Linux kernel hacking. I took an OS course and am reading some books, and that's helpful to learn how the kernel works, but I really need to do some kernel programming exercises to get a lot better.

I have been searching and can't seem to find any source of Linux kernel programming exercises. When I learned C/C++, I found some great books with programming exercises that were very helpful, and that helped me to learn C/C++ much better (like Herb Sutter's immensely popular books, which present problems along with some hints & guidance, and a difficulty level assigned to each problem). I am dismayed that I can't find something similar to help people improve at kernel hacking!

I'm just looking for exercises of the form "alter the kernel scheduling algorithm to do XYZ" or perhaps "rebuild Linux's paging system to do XYZ." Basically, a collection of exercises to help people get better at kernel hacking. (As you can see, it's very difficult for kernel newbies like me to even fill-in the XYZ in order to generate worthwhile exercises for ourselves).

Anyway, to the point: does anyone know of a good source of Linux kernel programming exercises? I have been searching but can't seem to find much of anything. I figured that maybe someone knows of some obscure web site or book that isn't coming up in my searches.
Re: Linux Kernel Programming Exercises?
March 12, 2012 01:35PM
I am trying to add a new scheduling policy but cant understand from where to start can you please help me
March 13, 2012 02:34PM
hi,
i m in linux kernel devlopment n i m going to do my final year project in linux kernel scheduler ,i want to add my written modules in the linux kernel scheduler's file so ,how i can do this.
November 10, 2017 02:51PM
There are so many Other languages in programming but linux is always in demand and people makes money by developing linux . Well I am not a Developer But I know without development our needs could not be done. So it is must. I am an Expertise in Writing skills If you want then you should go here paperwritingpro.com

not every one is an Expertise in writing skills. There are so many which are struggling with it. But the only solution is paperwritingpro.com You can learn so many ways for Write different things.
December 13, 2017 07:54AM
looking for the best writer for mentioned topics? if yes then visit us for more details.
Python Programming Assignment Help
ASP.Net Assignment Help

Ajax Assignment Help
Android Assignment Help
I always buy green roads cbd oil It has an exceptional quality products
HelpAcads
May 06, 2019 01:04AM
Nice post
If you are looking for an online homework helper that is gentle to your pocket . Your best home work expert is here
[helpacads.com]
Nice post
If you are looking for an online homework helper that is gentle to your pocket . Your best home work expert is here.visit our blogs at
[blog.helpacads.com]
Nice post
If you are looking for an online homework helper that is gentle to your pocket . Your best home work expert is here.visit our blogs at
[helpacads.com]
NARESH KUMAR MALOTH
TUTORBIN.COM
September 10, 2019 05:04AM
Thanks for such a nice piece of writing.We have a website on which student can take a <a href="[tutorbin.com">Homework] Help</a> which has many expert tutors. So if anyone want help in their studied do refer this website.
NARESH KUMAR MALOTH
September 13, 2019 04:15AM
NARESH KUMAR MALOTH
September 18, 2019 02:57AM
Thanks for such a nice piece of writing.We have a website on which student can take a <a href="[tutorbin.com] Help</a> which has many expert tutors. So if anyone want help in their studied do refer this website.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 14?