Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to simulate incoming IP packets?

Posted by TommyBauer 
How to simulate incoming IP packets?
November 02, 2014 11:06PM
Hi All,
I want to simulate some incoming IP packets destined to my local Linux host, and by "simulate" I mean this:
As we know, whenever a Linux's network interface receives a valid IP packet destined to the local host, this packet travels through the kernel's TCP/IP stack, and is delievered to user space in the end. Now I want to "send" a packet to my local host, and the packet's source IP might be some value other than the local host's IP, but its dest. IP is the local host's IP. I hope the kernel can treat this faked IP packet as if it actually receives it on the network interface and will eventually delivers it to user space. What should I do? I am using kernel 2.6.18.

Thanks,
Tommy
Re: How to simulate incoming IP packets?
May 18, 2015 01:58AM
IP is the local host's IP.meizu mx5 I hope the kernel can treat this faked IP packet as if it actually receives it on the network interface and will eventually delivers it to user space.
February 02, 2016 05:04AM
The tap interface acts like a Layer 2 port to the networking stack - reading and writing from the device node will ingest/retrieve packets from the networking layer. Where those packets go after that point is up to the networking configuration (forwarding, bridging, etc). For getting writing related tips go through with this best essay writing service, you can get better help.
June 20, 2016 06:56AM
Kernel can easily track the faked IP addresses. Tap interface act as a layer. It is not necessary to install the packet drop simulator on the target node. The target node itself support the TCP/IP protocol. Academic essay writing service
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 1?