Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

multiple net_device

Posted by nick_kdd 
multiple net_device
February 20, 2016 04:55PM
Dear all,

lets say a linux based computer(debian) with ethernet,wifi, usb modem connected to the, linux kernel version is 3.3

Question:
for each network device the network driver builds its own net_device struct and register itself with the network interface layer of the kernel.

struct net_device net_dev[3] = {
{init: ethernet_init,},
{init: wifi_init,},
{init: usbnet_init,},
};

register_netdev(net_dev[0]);
register_netdev(net_dev[1]);
register_netdev(net_dev[2]);

so in total there are 3 network devices as seen by the kernel
now how does the kernel decide to which network interface. to use while forwarding IP packet.

can some one please specify any link or document which answers the above question ?

Regards
Re: multiple net_device
June 24, 2016 02:33AM
netdev->pdev->netdev = NULL;
netdev->pdev_pseudo = netdev->pdev;
netdev->pdev = NULL;
netdev->features |= NETIF_F_PSEUDO_REG;

This will make every "port" a psuedo device...which is ESyi's way of supporting a multi-port device.Buy Custom Essays
February 20, 2017 10:28AM
Very good approach. i liked the way. Thanks for that.
Dissertation Writing Service
July 31, 2017 03:55AM
Your coding is really good and workable ... Dissertation Writing Service
August 25, 2017 02:06AM
March 30, 2018 06:24AM
The RRB Ranchi Admit Card 2018 is sent to the candidates through the registered email ID before 15 days of commencement the exam.

RRB Ranchi Admit Card 2018
I appreciate this work amazing post for us I like it. Adding Packages to the Project Homework Help
Jena Project Help
April 09, 2018 06:32AM
Well thanks for posting such an outstanding idea. I like this blog & I like the topic and thinking of making it right. Jena Project Help
Jena Project Help
April 09, 2018 07:43AM
Hi buddy, your blog' s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts about Online writing Help are superb.Jena Project Help Please keep them coming. Greets!
Case Study Assignment Help
April 09, 2018 08:12AM
I loved the way you discuss the topic great work thanks for the share Your informative post. Case Study Assignment Help
Well thanks for posting such an outstanding idea. I like this blog & I like the topic and thinking of making it right. Database Security Database Homework Help
Assignment Help
Assignment Help || Assignment Help Online
May 08, 2018 01:38AM
We are the best in Assignment Help Online. Taking help our high expert's professionals who have extensive experience in writing assignment will not only make you avail with the quality assignment, but you will also get plagiarism free assignment within the given time.
We Provide assignment help for students especially in usa getting brilliant quality reviews writing USA, essays and dissertations.We at Top Quality Assignment believe that there is no shortcut to success and to attain success, hard work, dedication, and commitment must be present.Allassignmenthelp reviews best in writing unique Assignment.
Assignment Help
May 14, 2018 07:22AM
Students Assignment Help serves the best quality online assignment help to the students at a low price. Our expert writers provide academic writing help as they are well-versed with all assignment topics. So, for any academic help email us at info@studentsassignmenthelp.com
Re: Assignment Help || Assignment Help Online
May 15, 2018 01:17AM
Get assignment help services by the eligible assignment help experts of Ireland Assignment Help. Our professional tutors are fluent in writing assignment as they are top holder from reputed colleges and universities around the world.
Re: Adding Packages to the Project Homework Help
May 18, 2018 03:50AM
Assignment help is itself a interesting topic and students are happy to get Economics Assignment Help on tourism subjects from singaporeassignmenthelp.com because our experts are well skilled in this field of assignment. Get Good Marks in Assignment Help at very nominal rate with high grade.
Project management assignment
May 18, 2018 06:15AM
Students Assignment Help offers the best project management assignment services to the students. We have 3000+ expert writers in the industry and they provide the excellent quality assignment writing services to the students from.
kristen warne
C++ assignment help
May 29, 2018 08:08AM
Students Assignment Help provides c++ assignment help services for all college or university students at all the academic level. Our more than 3000 assignment writers holding masters and PhD degrees serves you with best assignment services at best price. They ensure students for timely delivery of the assignments without missing the deadline.
British coursework help
August 13, 2018 07:33AM
Students Assignment help offers the British coursework help outstandingly for all students according to their requirement. we offer you appropriate academic writer when you want to take our management studies related services. You can email us at info@studentsassignmenthelp.com
Assignment assistance
November 16, 2018 05:50AM
Students Assignment Help provides the assignment assistance services outstandingly to the college and university students. Our assignment writers have finished their degrees from top universities and online assignment writers are skilled You can hire our online assignment writers at info@studentsassignmenthelp.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 19?