Advanced

Get Sony PXW-X70 XAVC to work with Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5

Posted by jasonfrank 
December 22, 2014 12:33AM
Re: Get Sony PXW-X70 XAVC to work with Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5
December 22, 2014 12:35AM
This article outlines how to transfer Sony PXW-X70 XAVC footage to Mac and import into Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5 for smooth editing. Keep reading for a brief how-to.

Sony PXW-X70 is a highly compact, single chip camera the images it produces are really very good. The XAVC HD recordings are 10 bit 422 long GoP at 50Mb/s, 35Mb/s or 25Mb/s. The quality of the 50Mb/s recordings is amazing with no compression artefacts that you can see. Even the 25Mb/s recordings look really good. You can shoot at up to 60fps in 60i mode and 50fps in 50i mode. In 60i mode you also have 24fps.

In general, as we know, Premiere Pro CC has added support for this new camera format. And for Premiere Pro CS5/CS5.5/CS6, you can download Rovi Totalcode, a Plug-in for Premire which has perfect support for Sony's 4K XAVC format. However, this third-party plug-in will cost you a lot of money.

pc-mac-compatibility-issues.blogspot
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 12?