Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Import/Edit 50p AVCHD files in Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac

Posted by Andyeric 
Import/Edit 50p AVCHD files in Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac
January 11, 2015 11:07PM
Summary: This tutorial will give you a step by step instruction about how to import AVCHD files shoot at 50 frames in FCP by con verting 50p mts to FCP 6/7/X supported Prores codec.

Q: 50p AVCHD transcode to ProRes 422 problem

Hi All, I have encountered a problem trying to Log and Transfer / transcode 1080 50p AVCHD footage (shot on a Sony FS100) to Apple ProRes 422 using FCP 7. Can anyone suggest a good workflow for this kind of transcode as I am struggling to find any solutions online. Thanks in advance.

While you are pleased with the video quality of the recordings, the trouble with this is that Final Cut Pro can not recognize avchd files shoot at 50 frames, whether you transfer them directly from your camera/camcorder or from the folder which has been copied to Mac. How to import avchd files shoot at 50 frames into final cut pro turns out to be the first problem that AVCHD camera/camcorder users need to figure out.

To make FCP ingest 50p AVCHD files, here is an easiest and most effective solution: con verting 50p AVCHD to ProRes- Final Cut Pro native format, then you can edit the con verted ProRes MOV files in FCP and edit them on Mac.

No worries, this MTS/M2TS con verter for Mac from pav tube (Mac 50p MTS to FCP con verter) is the top Mac 50p MTS to FCP con verter, that can easily help you out with reliable efficiency and simple frank interface; no jitter, no slitter, all you need to do is a few clicks. Come and download pav tube MTS/M2TS con verter for Mac and let's start! (View Best MTS/M2TS con verter for Mac Reviewed)

How to con vert 50p AVCHD mts video clips to FCP Proes MOV on Mac

Step 1. Install and launch this AVCHD con verter for Mac, click top left two icons to load individual videos or load the entire folder.

Step 2. Apple ProRes MOV is the best format for Final Cut Pro, here you just need to choose "Final Cut Pro" option and select "Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)" or "Apple ProRes 422(H1) (*.mov)".

P.S.
If you need to edit in iMovie, please choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov). And for Avid MC, please choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov). (Learn more>>winking smiley

And you can also click "Settings" to change the output video bitrate, frame rate, size, etc. all according to your needs.

Step 3. Click the big red circle at the bottom right to start con verting 50 frames AVCHD video to FCP MOV on Mac OS X. Wait for a while, the video will be ready to be edited with FCP 6/7/X on Mac smoothly and freely.

And here is 50p MTS to iMovie, AVHCD to Premiere, AVCHD to Avid MC and 50p AVCHD files to QuickTime solutions.
Re: Import/Edit 50p AVCHD files in Final Cut Pro (X) on Mac
January 27, 2015 11:17PM
Anyway, fr eely play M2T videos on computer and your Android iOS devices, to share on YouTube Vimeo Facebook, to conv ert AVCHD for editing or simply some other formats becomes a great demand among many folks. Anyway, while working on my latest Macbook, I needed to do the M2T conv erting to get M2T fr eely work with my Mac. Tthere are many conversion programs available on the Internet. I'd like pav tube MTS M2TS conv erter for Mac ( You can also look for Win Version : pav tube MTS M2TS conv erter).

This program is highly recommended for its easy interface, efficient workflow and reliable video quality. It will not only transcode M2T mts to MOV MP4 for native editing and playing on Win Mac, but also keeping audio and video synchronization on Mac (including Mountain Lion Mavericks). In a word, how to conv ert merge MTS M2TS footage from different cameras has become the top point.
August 05, 2015 11:45PM
In order to solve Final Cut Pro X won't import AVCHD footages troubleshooting; one feasible solution is to directly convert AVCHD to FCP X more supported video format.

Below is just the step by step guide on how to convert AVCHD to Final Cut Pro X supported Apple ProRes at [www.idealshare.net]

This guide also helps to convert AVCHD to MP4, MOV, DV, MPG, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, VOB and etc on Mac or Windows.
September 02, 2016 08:02AM
To fix importation or editing issue of your AVCHD video files to FCP I would like to suggest you about using the Sony camera video converter which I usually prefer. It is the best converter that I have used till now as it converts recorded videos to most supportable format and the video can play on any of your portable devices. Besides this you can also do editing of your editing to any editing software.
If you want to convert AVCHD to Final Cut Pro supported video format you need to get an VCHD to Final Cut Pro Converter, like Avdshare Video Converter,You can have a try.
Avdshare Video Converter can support to convert AVCHD 24P/30P/48P/60P/60i/50i and AVCHD in other progressive and interlaced with the file extension mts, m2t, or m2ts to Final Cut Pro X/7/6 and other older versions supported video format.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 10?