Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the kernel starting point.

Posted by SergioIAM 
the kernel starting point.
October 05, 2010 05:51AM
OK, I have been a lifelong windows programmer and user. I started using the Linux OS as my primary desktop OS a few months ago.

I decided it would be a good time to focu on programming more for linux than windows.
I have downloaded the source code of the Linux kernel. and to avoid me waisting time figuring this out on my own I would like someone to answer me this question.

what is the starting point of the kernel, which file(usually a main.c file)contains the very first line of code executed when the boot-loader starts Linux.

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Re: the kernel starting point.
March 04, 2011 12:33AM
hello there
March 16, 2011 08:57AM
If you are going to browse the Linux source code, LXR ( [lxr.linux.no] ) will save you hours/days/weeks of time through its searching and cross-referencing features.

Additional source: Concrete Architecture of the Linux Kernel - [plg.uwaterloo.ca]

Good Luck :-)

yeast infection home remedy|venapro
March 22, 2011 08:50AM
The first thing you need to know is how to compile the kernel.
July 01, 2011 01:23PM
This is really easy to do. I think you should follow the advice above.

Triactol bust serum
September 08, 2017 02:26AM
we have the game play euchre online free best selection of ultra additive free online dice and board games. From card classics like play euchre online free to board games that guarantee hours of enjoyment, our dice and board games can all be played online with no downloads needed
if you click here play euchre
Thanks for this great post. This is really helpful for me. Also, see
Touch Here
September 07, 2018 07:58AM
Your blog is great. I read a lot of interesting things from it. Thank you very much for sharing with Limited Liability partnership Registration In India
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 20?